Dr. Michael Abelson is CEO/President of The Abelson Group, a firm he founded in 1986. The firm specializes in using research, objective tools, and maximizing staff capabilities to improve organizational and staff effectiveness, efficiency and profitability. Dr. Abelson is also the faculty of the nationally ranked Texas A&M University Department of Management. He combines his academic credentials in clinical psychology (B.A., M.A.) and business administration (M.B.A., Ph.D.) with his practical experience since 1972 as a manager, consultant, educator, and researcher to meet client’s needs through various The Abelson Group™ products and services.
Dr. Abelson is an authority on the development of the human resource within organizations, on bringing about organizational change, and effective leadership at all levels of the organization. Michael has consulted with or been involved in training with over 100 organizations, many of which are Fortune 500 companies. He has published over 60 articles, one national best selling book, and his comments have appeared in over 40 television programs, and over 100 newspapers, newsletters, and magazines across the North American continent. Michael has been actively involved in all facets of education since joining the faculty at Texas A&M University in 1981 having taught at the undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and executive levels. He has been invited to give guest lectures at universities throughout the United States and the world. He has given over 800 speeches/seminars to executive audiences internationally on four continents. Dr. Abelson’s research has received national recognition and he has received numerous teaching awards and recognition at the Mays Business School at Texas A&M University, at Texas A&M University, from trade organizations, and nationally through special recognition in BusinessWeek magazine.
Specialty / Areas of Expertise:
- Human Resource Management – Interviewing, Selection, Training, Performance Evaluation, Retention/Turnover Systems.
- Organizational Issues – Strategic Planning/Implementation, Leadership, Change Management, Team Assignment/Development.
- B.A. Psychology (The Pennsylvania State University)
- M.A. Clinical Psychology (Central Michigan University)
- M.B.A. General (The Pennsylvania State University)
- Ph.D. Business, Management (The Pennsylvania State University)
- Certified Professional Behavioral Analyst (CPBA)
- Certified Professional Values Analyst (CPVA)
- Certified Attributes Index Analyst (CAIA)
- Certified TriMetrixTM
- Certified Master Behavioral Analyst (CMBA)
Past and Current Employment:
- The Abelson Group, CEO/President – 1986 to present
- Texas A&M University, Department of Management, Faculty – 1981 to present
- The Pennsylvania State University, Graduate Assistant, 1976 – 1980
- Central Michigan University, Instructor, 1976
- Listening Ear Crisis Intervention Center, Director, 1974 to 1976
- Central Michigan University, Graduate Assistant, 1973 to 1975
- Philadelphia State Hospital, Recreation Therapist, 1972 to 1973