Dr. Abelson’s leadership theory combines a number of the most effective, yet easy to implement, leadership approaches ever developed. He provides 10 winning techniques to be a very effective participatory leader. These leaders get buy-in, dedication, and respect from those they lead, not because they demand it, but because they earn it through 1) showing respect for staff through their willingness and desire for participation in decision-making, 2) demonstrating true concern and compassion for staff and their needs, and 3) their willingness to make decisions even when those decisions may be difficult.
What Happens During The Training
Leaders learn techniques on how to share control, how to reveal vulnerability and fallibility, and how to move their organization forward by making decisions even when others may disagree. Staff enjoy the participation, appreciate the benevolence, and enjoy taking action with the opportunity to modify that action when appropriate. When leaders use all three aspects of this approach, there is true respect for the leader and staff find it easier to follow them.
Sample of Topics Included
- Participatory leaders and what they do
- Using Power
- Increasing staff commitment
- 10 easy-to-perform and very effective techniques to lead
- Case studies on the three major approaches to leading
- The difference between leadership and management, and making leading work
- Keynote – 30 to 60 minutes of uplifting, motivational, and technique-driven participatory leadership.
- Presentation – 90 to 120 minutes of technique-driven topics and illustrations regarding participatory leadership.
- Half-day Seminar – Using our materials, participants learn how to more effectively take action on becoming an effective participatory leader.
- Full-day Seminar – Combine the half-day participatory leadership seminar with the half-day charismatic leader seminar for a thriving, insightful, and incredible day of leadership techniques and growth.